You’ll find yourself overwhelmed when finding the best butterfly table tennis blades. Choosing the right one that meets all your requirements can become a tough pill to swallow. Different players have different preferences and there is a table tennis blade for everyone.
Among a host of different table tennis brands, Butterfly has made its mark for making high-quality blades. Professional table tennis players are well versed with the Butterfly table tennis blade and they know that these blades are durable and lightweight. And they go well with hundreds of ITTF approved rubbers.
Therefore, we will kick off the new year with our list of top 10 Butterfly table tennis blades to buy in 2023.
List of the Top 10 Best Butterfly Table Tennis Blades in 2023
Last update on 2023-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. W7 AN Timo Boll Blade
Table tennis blades can be expensive, especially if you are looking for those custom made ones. But you don’t have to go all nuts on price when you can get your hands on W7 AN Timo Boll. This Butterfly table tennis blade will provide you with the best bang for your buck.
With the AN-grip this blade only weighs around 2 pounds and it is an excellent choice if you are an intermediate or novice at table tennis. But this blade is designed for defensive gameplay and it will enable you to develop some skills with those spins that you crave for.
The head size of this Butterfly table tennis blade is 157×150 mm and its thickness is 6.8 mm. The anatomic/flared handle that this blade has is 100×24 mm in size. The reaction and vibration ratings of this blade are 114 and 100 respectively. This blade will put you in control and will transfer power efficiently into your shots. It is an excellent choice for top-spin, though not that great for looping.
- Great for top-spin and anti-looping.
- Receives serves very well.
- A superb choice for defensive intermediates and beginners.
- Very forgiving in nature.
- Not the ideal choice for looking or quick attacks
9. Butterfly Innershield ZLF Table Tennis Blade
This Butterfly table tennis blade features a very pronounced sweet spot and it will provide you tremendous control on your shots both while defensive and attacking. The lightweight blade is best suited for intermediates and experts in table tennis.
You will only have to time and direct the balls coming your way and the rest is up to the blade and the rubber you will be using on it. This blade is also suitable for defensive gameplay and you will be able to take those serves very well.
This blade will offer a very soft impact due to the 2-ZL fibers that are present in it. This Butterfly table tennis blade will embed your shots with stability and sharpness and you will be more confident even when you are on the defense. The DEF blade only weighs 84 grams and is 5.1 mm thick and you can either choose FL or ST type of handle.
- Good choice for lobs and chops.
- Ideally suitable for defensive gameplay.
- Best for intermediates and experts.
- Decent amount of flexibility and a heavy sweet spot for better-controlled spins.
- Not designed for quick attacks.
- Not for passive shots
8. Butterfly Diode V Table Tennis Blade
This Butterfly table tennis blade is a classic for the defenders. But if you like to put a little pepper in your shots at times then this blade won’t disappoint you there either. Butterfly has designed this blade in such a manner that you can conveniently maintain a balance between your powerful attacks as well as heavy backspin game.
You will love the way this blade will allow you to create those backspin chops and your finishing maneuvers. The size of this blade measures to be 165×156 mm and it is large enough to absorb all the power that you want on your spin. You will find that this blade is probably the best if you like to create loops.
If you combine this Butterfly table tennis blade with a fast rubber, you will see that it will enable you to block the shots of even the most experienced opponents. Therefore, if you are intermediate and looking to improve your skills then this blade is highly recommended. It might seem a bit counterintuitive to use a defensive blade such as Diode V with an attacking rubber but this combination will prove to be very fruitful for you in taking those high powered serves. And of course, you can back your game with high spinning loops.
- Arguably the best Butterfly table tennis blade for blocking attacks and side spins.
- Great for short loops and side spins.
- Suitable to play with attacking rubbers.
- Decent enough for quick attacks.
- Will require agility in your footwork.
- Not the best option for long-distance drop shots
7. Butterfly Timo Boll ALC Blade
This Butterfly table tennis blade also features AN-blade that is an excellent choice for high powered shots. If you are an attacking player with intermediate skills then you are going to love it. You will be able to produce quick attacks very effectively with this blade and back them up with heavy topspin.
This blade comes with soft piles of Arylate-Carbon that will be equally effective in your back chops too. This is the blade that Timo Boll prefers for himself as well. A number of other professionals have also used this blade on ITTF tours.
This blade pairs very well with Diginics 0S, Tenergy 0S, Tenergy 80, Tenergy 64, Tenergy 2S and Bryce Highspeed rubbers. It has the same carbon fiber piles that are present in Butterfly table tennis blade Viscaria. This blade is also available in FL and ST handles. It is a lightweight blade that packs quite a punch and it will put you in control of your quick attacks as well as heavy side spins.
- Well balanced blade for defensive and attacking gameplay.
- It offers solid speed and control.
- Better suited for intermediates and experts.
- High-quality top and side spins.
- Not for defensive gameplay.
- Not the best choice for blocking if you are a beginner
6. Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit Blade
The Spirit Butterfly table tennis blade is the ideal choice for the players of table tennis who have a decent amount of skills to block serves well and play a strategic attacking game. By strategic we mean that the player needs to be attacking and defensive at the same time, able to balance it out pretty well.
If you are on the attack at all times then this is not the blade for you. Similarly, if you play an attacking shot seldom and prefer to move around the ball as it is played then this blade will not serve you well either. This is the blade for those who can respond to gameplay and create one on purpose. In simple words, this is the blade for the experts who are looking to further sharpen their skills in high-speed shots and side spins.
This lightweight Butterfly table tennis blade only weighs around nine ounces and it feels like an extension of your hand. Therefore, you will be able to control your shots and add more power as you create them. This blade comes in with a slightly longer handle which you can use very effectively if you have a knack for changing your grip between shots.
- Designed for highly skilled players of table tennis.
- Features longer handle to grip the paddle according to your preferences.
- Best for European style looping.
- Excellent for attacks and defenses.
- It is not the ideal paddle for novices or intermediates with low skills
5. All-Round Pro-Line Timo Boll FL Table Tennis Blade
If you love to spin the ball then this Butterfly table tennis blade is the right choice for you. This blade is perfect for well-controlled spins that remains steady throughout the play. Whether you like to defend or attack this blade is going to serve you well.
This blade features a flared handle and as the name goes it is designed for an excellent for both defensive and attacking plays. It has a good thick handle that will allow you to grip the paddle comfortably. It comes fully assembled and you are good to use it right from the box. The blade is best suited for Tack FireDrive 2.1 rubber.
This Butterfly table tennis blade only weighs around ten ounces and it has the right kind of head designed for quick attacks and excellent top spins. You will enjoy creating those spins both ways. This blade is also suitable for top spins. Though this blade is a little heavier than the others, it grips well and you will feel it working just like an extension of your hand.
- This is a blade suitable for pros.
- Dutiable for both high-speed shots and side spins.
- It can deliver good top spins and loops as well.
- Better suited for well balanced strategic gameplay.
- It is not suitable for beginners or intermediates
4. Butterfly Primorac Carbon-FL Blade
Available both in FL and St handles; this Butterfly table tennis blade is very close to the design of the All-Round Pro-Line blade. The only thing that differentiates it from the Pro-Line blade is that it is a couple of ounces lighter. This blade features carbon fiber that will not only make the blade more durable but you will be able to extract more power through it in your shots.
You will need to use it with some aggressive rubbers if you like to play an attacking game. The blade is designed for the attackers so a low-profile rubber is only going to assist you in your practice. If you have a good bit of skills in your game then it is better for you to play an attacking game with this blade.
You have the option to either go for ST or FL handles with this Butterfly table tennis blade. It is suitable for players who prefer an attacking game and like to mix it up a bit. You can create high powered strokes and can also produce a good amount of side as well as topspin in your shots. It all depends upon your skills and ability but we recommend you to use an aggressive rubber with this blade for better results.
- Suitable to play with attacking rubbers.
- Good for both defensive and attacking game.
- The grip fits well in your hands.
- Create both side and top spins effectively.
- Greta for power shots and finishes.
- Not the best for long distances loops
- It is not the ideal choice for beginners
3. Viscaria FL/ST Table Tennis Blade
This Butterfly table tennis blade is one of the top choices for a number of table tennis players. The high-quality carbon blade features a broadened sweet spot that comes from ALC piles. Therefore, you will be able to place and land your ball consistently.
With this blade, you will be able to control the power behind your shots very effectively. Players like Lin Gaoyuan and Zhang Jike along with others have frequently used this blade and you can see what they have been able to achieve. This also goes to show that this blade suits the attackers of the game. The carbon fiber piles in this blade will make your shots more powerful and the heavy sweet spot will enable you to play the power shots more effectively.
- Excellent for attacking game.
- Best suited for pros and experts.
- Great for spin and power shots.
- Better control with heavy sweet spot and carbon fibers.
- Not for table tennis novices
2. Butterfly Petr Korbel Table Tennis Blade
Looking for a good quality Butterfly table tennis blade but don’t want to go for the expensive ones, then Petr Korbel is right for you. You can either go for ST or FL handles. The Petr Korbel blade is very similar in construction to Primorac which is another very popular Butterfly table tennis blade. However, this blade is broader and will give you more spin.
Primorac Butterfly table tennis blade has a smaller head and is more focused on high powered shots. On the other hand, Petr Korbel emphasizes more on spins and is ideally suited for the players who like to mix it up between their high powered strokes and spins. This is a very lightweight paddle that just weighs around four ounces.
- Excellent for spins and loops.
- You can make quick attacks and loops more comfortably.
- Good budget-friendly option.
- Better suited for intermediates.
- It doesn’t work very well in blocking
1. Balsa Carbo X5 Table Tennis Blade
If you are an avid table tennis player and have plenty of experience in the game, then go for the Balsa Carbo X5 Butterfly table tennis blade. This is an ITTF approved paddle that is designed for tournaments and is suitable for highly skilled players. This is a high-quality racket blade that will cost you some money but it will also deliver you the performance that you expect from a professional grade Butterfly table tennis blade.
It is an ITTF approved Butterfly table tennis blade that will go well with any high-quality ITTF approved rubber. We are talking about a blade that is designed for the professional table tennis players. Available in three different handle styles including anatomic flared and straight handle, this blade is going to put you on a winning streak in no time. It is excellent for power drives and loops and does a fabulous job on top and side spins as well.
- Great professional grade Butterfly table tennis blade.
- Excellent for power strokes and spins.
- Very effective for long-distance loops and even the shorter ones.
- Designed for strategic gameplay.
- Not the ideal choice for beginners
All in all, we will highly recommend the Balsa Carbo X5 Pro-Line Butterfly table tennis blade. You might find it a bit expensive but it will surely deliver what you expect from a high-quality blade. Use it with Tenergy 80 FX and you have the recipe for success. Using this rubber will provide you an ideal balance between speed and spin. It has carbon layers in it and has a very lightweight construction.
So which Butterfly table tennis blade have you used for your game? Did we miss your favorite Butterfly table tennis blade! Let us know by leaving a comment in the section below!
Enjoy your game!