Regardless of your natural sleeping position, you will find yourself having to adjust your comfort as your baby grows. Adjusting the position will help to accommodate your changing body. Most expectant moms will find the side sleeping position comfortable and easy. This is where the pregnancy pillows come in. These pillows are specifically designed to allow you to sleep in this manner. Doctors recommend that the pregnancy women sleep on their left side as it helps to increase the blood flow as well as nutrients to the placenta.
Also referred to as maternity pillows, pregnancy pillows also help in relieving back pain, which is the main complaint among pregnant women. Later in pregnancy, most women also experience heartburn and other uncomfortable symptoms. These pillows do not only support your head but also keeps the hip area well aligned, fighting these symptoms. Additionally by using the pillows between your knees and supporting your lower back ensures proper spinal alignment. This enables your body to roll more naturally into a relaxed position.
The core purpose of this guide is to enable you to choose the right maternity pillow from the multitudes available online. After doing in-depth research we have narrowed down our choice to the following best selling pregnancy pillows.
- Top 10 Best Rated Pregnancy Pillows for Women in 2019
- 10. Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- 9. Restorology Full 60-Inch full Body Pillow
- 8. PharMeDoc Maternity Pillow
- 7. Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- 6. Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity Total Body Pillow
- 5. PharMeDoc Pregnancy U-Shape Pillow
- 4. AngQi 55-inch Full Body Pillow
- 3. ComfySure Pregnancy Full Body Pillow
- 2. QUEEN ROSE 55″ Full Body Pillow
- 1. PharMeDoc Pregnancy C shaped Pillow
- Factors to consider when getting the best pregnancy pillows
Top 10 Best Rated Pregnancy Pillows for Women in 2019
10. Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
Do you have multiple pillows in your bed and still having trouble sleeping? Meiz U shaped body pillow will let you off the hook. Coming in an innovative design this pillow is designed to offer you a better and sweet sleep. While it’s specifically designed for pregnant women, this pillow also provides the much-needed comfort and support to people recovering from injuries or tired of using multiple pillows.
The pillow helps to keep your spine and entire back in a neutral position. This is helpful for people who turn and toss all night long. It is filled with soft fiber that offers you a comfortable yet supportive feel. Thanks to the unique design, this model is an appropriate choice for reading, watching TV as well as sleeping. What’s more, this soft cushy pillow also molds into various positions offering comfy feeding positions.
9. Restorology Full 60-Inch full Body Pillow
Smartly designed to follow the natural contours and shape of your body, the Restorology pregnancy pillow offers full body support. It takes place of multiple pillows saving the valuable space on your bed. Its innovative design allows it to support your back, head, and belly at the same time. By doing so, the pillow will not only enable you to sleep in comfort but also helps prevent various ailments including sciatica, lower back pain as well as heartburn.
Cleaning the pillow is never an issue as it comes with a removable cover that is machine washable. More to this, the pillow is filled by soft yet supportive materials that offer a heavenly feel while still offering you with the support you need. This goes a long way in improving your sleep. What’s more this pillow also helps elevate your baby while breastfeeding, boosting your comfort.
8. PharMeDoc Maternity Pillow
Having been designed by a company that specializes in orthopedic pillows and wellness product, the PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is bound to offer you with exactly what you need. It boasts of a C shaped design that offers overall body comfort and prioritizes spinal alignment. The pillow comes with a decent width that is adjustable allowing you to use it at any point of pregnancy as well as full body pillow afterwards.
The smart design is symmetrical making it easy to fold to create a lounging surface with a wider and low loft. This brings the user the option of creating a customized sleeping experience for back and belly support. Additionally, this model comes with a long zippered and washable cover making it easy to clean.
7. Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
Sleep with utmost comfort with the Meiz U shaped Pregnancy body pillow. Featuring an innovative design, this pillow is designed to cradle your body by molding to your natural shape for optimal comfort. There is no need of additional pillows as it comes with an extra long shape that allows you to stretch out at the same time offering support for in between your knees. To ensure optimal comfort, this pillow is stuffed with soft yet supportive fusion fiber that is heat resistant.
The basic U shape design is capable of offering full body support. This means it will cover your back, neck, shoulder, head, and lower parts of the body. Besides offering you with optimal comfort this pillow will also help in preventing various conditions including sciatica, back pain, leg swelling as well as eliminating turning and tossing.
6. Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity Total Body Pillow
For most individuals, one pillow is not enough for all night long. If you are like most people one pillow goes behind to support your, two to prop your head and one between your knees to control the temperature. You will also need one for the tummy support especially when you are pregnant; Leachco Snoogle maternity pillow follows the natural shape and body contour to offer full body support. It a perfect choice for relaxing and sleeping.
This pillow comes with a removable and washable pillow making it easy to clean. We love the C-shaped head pillow that lets you position your head, neck, and shoulder correctly. This pillow also comes with a long midsection that has the ideal width for total tummy and back support. Additionally, this pillow comes with a little-curved end that tucks cozily between the knees to keep you comfortable and cool all night long.
5. PharMeDoc Pregnancy U-Shape Pillow
This is another innovative pregnancy pillow from PharMeDoc. Featuring a U-shaped design, this pillow provides customized relief as it adjusts to meet any of your preferred sleeping position. Thanks to its multifunctional design, this pillow will suit the needs of pregnant, nursing moms as well as people recovering from an injury. The pillow is also a lifesaver for people who are suffering from sciatica, back or hip pain, fibromyalgia and gastric reflux.
To ensure the best performance, this pillow is filled with a polyfill blend that provides a soft and comfy feel. Unlike other models, this pillow increases the support density as you apply weight to it. For easy cleaning and maintenance, the pillow comes with a knit cotton cover that is machine washable.
4. AngQi 55-inch Full Body Pillow
Made especially for pregnant women, AngQi is a voluminous pregnancy pillow that comes in innovative design to offer you with the support you need while resting. It boasts of a multifunction design that features a U-shape design that offers a shoulder, neck and back support. The best thing about this pillow is that it contoured shape can be molded into numerous positions to offer you the elevation and comfort you need.
Using this pillow will improve the quality of sleep as it helps eliminate the sleep problems due to pains, aches, stiffness, as well as late pregnancy discomfort. The pillow contains a hundred percent polyester fiberfill that ensures long-lasting resilience and durability. Similarly, this pillow also ensures that your spine is properly aligned while its entire body support provides a comfortable sleeping position.
3. ComfySure Pregnancy Full Body Pillow
With this full body pillow from Comfy Sure, you will get a restful night sleep all night long. This pillow offers full support regardless of your sleeping position. What makes this pillow different from other models is the fact that it is highly recommended by medical professional. Despite the fact that it is primarily designed for pregnant and nursing moms, this pillow is also great for anyone who is looking for extra support and relaxation at bedtimes.
This pillow also helps in bringing relief to people experiencing various symptoms including congestion, sciatica, gastric reflux, carpal tunnel syndrome, and fibromyalgia. Additionally, this pillow is designed to assist you lounge while nursing your baby. It is made from soft and hypoallergenic fabric. Besides, since it offers full body support, you don’t need to use multiple pillows in your bed. This will save the much-needed space in your bed, boosting your comfort.
2. QUEEN ROSE 55″ Full Body Pillow
Boasting of premium materials that are extraordinarily soft, the Queen Rose pillow will serve your needs whether you are a back or stomach sleeper. Unlike other models, this pillow is filled with bionic polyethylene that not only retains its fluffiness but also doesn’t smell. It also comes with a U shaped design that enables women to have secure breastfeeding as well as utmost pain relief.
We love its multifunctional and moldable design that supports different positions. This makes it an ideal choice for reading, watching TV, breastfeeding, sleeping, as well as nursing. It comes with a unique design that contours the body to ensure painless sleep and comfort. Owing to these features, this is a perfect choice for women who are expecting at any point of their pregnancy and those you need a supportive position while breastfeeding. The pillow also offers a well-balanced loft that delivers the cradling support that you need.
1. PharMeDoc Pregnancy C shaped Pillow
It is time to ditch those multiple pillows that take most of your valuable space in the bed. With the PharMeDoc C shaped pregnancy pillow, you will get one pillow that offers full body support. This pillow will support your head, neck, knees, as well as your back at the same time. You can use this pillow during your pregnancy and after the pregnancy. It comes with a folding design that enables you to use it while nursing your child. Additionally, this pillow can also be used for people who need support after undergoing surgery.
The pillow is stuffed by soft and toxins free fiber blend that offers the perfect balance for support and comfort. For added user convenience, the pillow also comes with a removable pillow cover that is machine washable. What’s more, the pillow also comes with a durable zipper double stitching to ensure long-term reliability.
Factors to consider when getting the best pregnancy pillows
When narrowing down your choices, it is crucial to take into consideration your personal preferences and natural sleep positions.
Along with these, there are also some crucial factors that you need to consider you to find the model that works best for you.
- Size: Maternity pillows are available in various sizes. Some of them are downright huge. Therefore, if you sleep with your partner in a bed that is less than a king in bed, you might find yourself running out of space. Fortunately, these pillows are available in various sizes. We recommend going for the larger ones if you have a lot of room to spare. On the other hand, of your have smaller spaces, you can still find premium options that offer you with the support you need.
- Fill material: This pillow also comes with a variety of fill materials. The most common fill materials include soft fiber and memory foam. While the memory foam is known to be supportive, it can become hot which is something that any pregnant would not want. On the other hand, the fiber filled pillows are breathable hence cooler. However, they don’t offer the same level of support as their memory foam counterparts. Here we recommend going for a model that is filled with the same kind of filler materials that you love in a regular pillow.
- Design: The maternity pillows are available in C and U shaped design. While the choice here may depend on your preferences, both these pillows offer optimal comfort. The main difference between the two is that the U shaped models offer full body support and you can tuck it between your knees for improved aeration. On the other hand, the C shaped pillow conforms to your body and offers better back support.
- Removable cover: Because of the unique design that comes with these pillows, they are not easy to clean while using conventional methods. Nevertheless, selecting a model that comes with a removable cover will make your life easy. We recommend going for the pillows that not only come with removable covers but those that are machine washable.
In the above guide, you will find the best maternity pillows that will suit your needs. Whether you are a back sleeper or a stomach sleeper, you will get a model that will serve your needs properly. All you need is to go through each model, compare the size, features and eventually, you will get a model that matches your needs perfectly.