There’s no better way to jumpstart your day with a cup of hot coffee in the morning. Well, at least for some. With just one quick push on your coffee maker, you can give yourself a cold or hot coffee as an appetizing and rejuvenating Kickstarter. And if you don’t need to make too many servings, the best single cup coffee maker definitely deserves a spot in your kitchen arsenal.
Besides the compact size and portability, single serve or single cup coffee makers are programmed with user-friendly controls and crafted with contemporary features making them an excellent option for quick and easy brewing; they showcase function and design that’s worth investing in.
There are a ton of options on the market for coffee makers but the great quality and performance depend on a few significant factors: the safety, ease of use, how the controls function, the water capacity, and the size. But to give you the latest and best deals and in-depth reviews, we’ve rounded up the Top 10 Best Single Cup Coffee Makers in 2023. We’ve also jotted down the important factors to consider in a detailed buying guide to help you find a worthwhile purchase.
The 10 Best Single Cup Coffee Makers in 2023
No products found.
10. Mixpresso – Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
Mixpresso is a programmable coffee maker that brews coffee in just one push of a button. In a matter of 30 seconds, you’ll have a nice cup of coffee on-the-go! For easy operation, there are soft-to-touch buttons on the side for brewing sizes and the power button. Also compatible with most K-cup pods, it maximizes your brewing options allowing you to choose the coffee brand you love. Equipped with a powerful 1420-watt motor, it heats up and brews the coffee efficiently in no time.
If you prefer larger mugs for your coffee, it can accommodate up to 7.5-inch tall large mugs. And unlike most coffee maker brands, this Mixpresso coffee maker features a removable water tank that promotes hassle-free cleaning and easy refilling. Plus, it has an auto-shut off feature that automatically switches the machine after 15 minutes and hence, saves more energy!
- 45oz water tank
- Brews coffee in 30 seconds
- Auto shuts off after 15 minutes to save more energy
- Can fit up to 7.5-inch tall mugs
- Removable tank; easy to clean and refill
- Powered up by a 1420-watt motor
- Compatible with K-cup pods
9. Hamilton Beach 49981A Coffee Maker Single Serve Stainless Steel
For a heavy-duty build, Hamilton Beach coffee maker offers a long-lasting quality with its stainless steel material. Besides the durable construction, it showcases a sleek and minimalist design that complements your kitchen counter and interiors. Not only does it stand out in its sophisticated design, but also in performance with its versatility. It is programmed with settings that allow you to choose between Bold and Regular coffee flavor and it is probably the highlight of this single serve coffee maker.
Crafted with an adjustable drip tray, it can accommodate an 8oz mug or 14oz of the travel mug. As it fills in every mug as close as to the dispensing nozzle as possible, you’ll enjoy an adequate amount of delicious coffee without wasting any drop. It also comes with a scoop labeled with measurements for a precise amount of servings.
- Made of stainless steel; durable construction
- Has options for Bold and Regular coffee brewing
- 14oz water capacity
- Can accommodate 8oz mug or 14oz travel mug
- Automatically shuts off after one brewing process is complete
- Adjustable drip tray for efficient brewing
- Sleek and sophisticated design
- Comes with a scoop with measurement labels for accurate servings
8. Hamilton Beach (49976) FlexBrew Single Serve Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach offers yet another superb coffee maker in their vast lineup. This Flexibrew is a multifunctional coffee maker that offers single serve and full coffee pot. Engineered with user-friendly controls for the timer, auto-shut off, brewing sizes, and brew strength, you can customize your beverage according to your desired taste and serving size.
Aside from brewing coffee grounds, you can also enjoy your favorite coffee flavor with K-cup pods for the single serve. Each function also has its own water reservoir which allows you to fill in or refill the tank with the right amount of water. The clear window with measurements also allows you to check how much water it has easily. Apart from all these remarkable features, it exhibits an elegant and minimalist design.
- Multifunctional; single serve and full coffee pot
- Has separate water reservoirs for easy refill
- Has controls for timer and brew strength
- Features auto-shut off after 2 hours of use
- Designed with water windows to check the water level
- Single serve function compatible with K-cup pods
- Takes 3 minutes to brew single serve
7. Keurig K-Elite Single Serve K-Cup Pod Maker
Keurig is well-known for its promising marks in the vast market of coffee makers. And when it comes to single-serve designs, they’ve got the K-Elite coffee maker in their large collection. Among its highlights are the controls for strength and temperature and therefore, allows you to customize the flavor and temperature to the optimal level. With the Strength option, you can have your coffee brewed stronger or in a more intense flavor.
It also boasts its versatility when it comes to different brewing sizes. It can accommodate 4,6,8,10, and 12oz and hence, allows you to brew accurate amount of servings. And even if you’re in a hurry and you need a coffee to-go, it only takes a minute for a freshly brewed coffee. Programmed with auto on and off switch, it saves more energy consumption.
- Features strength setting for regular and more intense coffee flavor
- Has a temperature control to optimize the heat
- Can accommodate different brewing sizes
- Automatic on and off switch
- Takes 1 minute to brew
- 75oz water reservoir
- Energy-efficient design
6. BLACK+DECKER Single Serve Coffeemaker
The Black+Decker single-serve coffeemaker is probably the ideal option for a coffee on-the-go! It comes with a travel mug where you can just brew your favorite coffee directly to the mug and off you go. This 16oz travel mug lets you take delight in the right amount of coffee and because it is also thermal, helps retain your coffee deliciously hot for hours.
The coffeemaker itself also exhibits a contemporary and compact design that can fit even in small kitchen spaces. This space-saving design is equipped with a removable filter and basket that you can easily wash off after use. And because it brews two ways, with ground coffee and pre-packed coffee pods, you can have your coffee just the way you want it!
- Compact; space-saving design
- 16oz water capacity
- Comes with a 16oz travel mug
- Has a removable basket and filter for easy cleaning
- Compatible with coffee pods
- Brews coffee directly to the travel mug
- Programmed with a one-touch operation
5. Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
If you’re a massive coffee drinker or you simply need a coffee maker that can make multiple servings, the K155 from Keurig is engineered with a staggering 90oz water reservoir which is relatively larger than most single cup coffee makers you can find on the market. Crafted with a silver finish, the minimalist and modern design showcases a versatile function with its programmable features including the language and clock time.
The full-color LCD touchscreen is also a dash of advanced technology that promotes better accessibility in style. The temperature setting is also adjustable so you can set the temperature or heat to the optimal level. With its large water reservoir, it can make up to 18 cups but may vary according to the brew size you prefer. And after less than a minute of brewing, you can detach the water tank and easily wash it off.
- 90oz water reservoir; ideal for multiple servings (up to 18 cups)
- Features a full-color LCD touchscreen interface for easy operation and advanced design
- Brews coffee in less than a minute
- Detachable water tank for easy cleaning and refilling
- Has programmable features for language, clock time, and temperature
- Silver finish for elegant and minimalist design
4. Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine
Espresso maker and cappuccino machine in one is definitely a remarkable innovation. And if you wish to get your hands on this machine to satisfy your cravings, Mr.Coffee has it covered for you. Probably the noticeable feature of this coffee maker is the milk reservoir that is also crafted with an automatic milk frother that whips the milk into the light and creamy froth for your cup of cappuccino. And since it’s removable, refilling and cleaning is no hassle.
Besides these features, this Mr.Coffee machine showcases intuitive control buttons for the coffee of your choices like the single or double shots of espresso in just one touch. The 19-bar Italian pump also provides the optimal level of pressure to extract robust and dark espresso brews. And if you want to add this to your kitchen arsenal, it’s easy to assemble, durable, and reliable in making quick and easy coffee!
- Adjustable cup tray for different sizes of mugs
- Has an automatic milk frother for light and creamy froth
- One-touch control panel
- Durable and easy to assemble
- Removable milk tank for easy refilling and cleaning
- Makes cappuccinos and espressos
- Evenly heats water with Thermocouple heating system
3. AdirChef Grab N’ Go Personal Coffee Maker
The AdirChef Grab N’ Go is another innovative coffee maker ideal for people who prefers to take their coffee to-go. This portable, sleek, and slim design is equipped with a stainless steel travel mug where the coffee brews directly into for a freshly brewed coffee for takeaway. It has a permanent filter that minimizes your expenses in buying separated paper filters.
This small and lightweight coffee maker is a single serve function and can be a great option for those who don’t need too many servings. Plus, it has a space-saving design that can fit most kitchen countertops. With just one push of a button, it will start brewing and will automatically shut off once the mug is full to conserve energy and also prevent spilling.
- Portable, lightweight, and compact
- Comes with a stainless steel travel mug
- Brews coffee directly to the travel mug for a coffee to go
- Has a permanent filter that reduces the use of paper filters
- Space-saving design
- Automatically shuts off when the mug is full
- Durable construction
- 15oz capacity
2. Mueller Ultima Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
Getting down to our second spot is one of the best-sellers on the market, the Muella Ultima single serve coffee maker. It is innovatively designed to brew coffee grounds and most coffee pods allowing you to brew fresh coffee from your favorite brands. Besides its rapid brewing, it can also accommodate different brewing sizes that let you take delight in the intensity or strength of coffee that you prefer.
The large 45oz water tank also allows you to serve more coffee whenever you crave for more or your friends and family come over. With the large opening, refilling and cleaning the tank is much easier. And since it’s made of BPA-free material, it’s definitely safe to use.
- 45o water tank
- Compatible with coffee pods
- Brews coffee quickly
- Accommodates different brewing sizes
- Easy to clean and refill
- BPA-free material
- Energy-saving program; automatically shuts off
1. Keurig K-Select Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
With its unique and multifunctional features, no wonder Keurig’s been in demand in the vast market of coffee makers. This K-select single serve coffee maker is programmed with a user-friendly interface – great for both beginners and coffee aficionado. It exhibits basic and easy controls for the brewing sizes that allows you to easily operate the machine according to the intensity or strength of the coffee flavor.
Although single serve, the large 52oz water reservoir provides an ideal capacity for multiple coffee servings or up to 5 cups before another refill. But if you wish to brew directly to your travel mug, you can take out the removable drip tray to keep the travel mug fit and snug. With just a minute of brewing, you can enjoy your freshly brewed coffee whether they are coffee grounds or K-cup pods. And to ensure the best-tasting brew possible and eliminate calcium deposits, this Keurig machine notifies you when descaling is needed.
- 52oz water tank
- Can fill up 5 cups before another refill
- Accommodates different brewing sizes
- Lets you brew coffee according to the flavor intensity you prefer
- Easy to use; programmed with basic control buttons
- Notifies you when descaling is needed
- Removable drip tray
- Allows you to brew directly to the travel mug
- Compatible with K-cup Pods
How to Choose the Best Single Cup Coffee Maker
- DURABILITY: When it comes to buying a coffee maker or any other kitchen equipment, the durability is always a significant factor that needs to be thoroughly checked. As it defines how long the product can last, the reliability, and the performance, it is important to determine what material it is made of. For coffee makers, most units are made of stainless steel that exhibits a heavy-duty quality and performance that won’t easily wear out over time.
- WATER CAPACITY: If you want to know how many servings or cups of coffee you can make as you brew, you should take note of the water capacity or the reservoir. The capacity varies from brand to brand allowing you to opt for the ideal amount. For example, a large 75oz water reservoir can brew up to 8 cups. But it may still vary according to the brewing technique or the brew sizes.
- INTUITIVE CONTROLS: The performance of the coffee maker also relies on how functional and intuitive the controls are. Traditional coffee makers are often equipped with on and off switch for brewing. But modern designs nowadays are engineered with a vast array of options that allow you to customize the beverage according to your preferences. This may include the settings for the temperature, brew sizes, timer, and brew strength. Some single serve coffee makers, however, are programmed with auto shut-off that helps save more energy.
- EASE OF USE: The layout of controls already exhibits a customizable and easy operation. But to promote better accessibility, some manufacturers design their coffee makers with soft-to-touch buttons and touchscreen interface. Such features also promote a minimalist and sophisticated design that can complement modern and minimalist interiors. To make it much easier to use, some coffee makers feature quick and easy cleaning with removable trays, drain options, and detachable mugs and filters.
- SIZE: The larger the water reservoir, the larger the coffee maker is. So, if you’re aiming something for more compact and portable, you might want to tone down a bit on the size of the water reservoir. Slimmer and more compact designs of single cup coffee makers are up on the market and you can always opt for the size that you prefer.
- BRAND REPUTATION: When the vast lineup of coffee makers seems overwhelming, you can cut all the browsing and searching short by taking the brand reputation into consideration. There are trustworthy brands that have established a remarkable reputation in terms of making durable, functional, and high-end kitchen appliances including coffee makers. Keurig, Hamilton Beach, and Black Decker are some of the brands that are widely available on the market and known for their high-quality coffee makers.
Coffee makers seem to have been a staple equipment for many homes over the years. And if you’re one of those who has been looking for a reliable and durable coffee maker as an addition to your kitchen equipment or just wants to revamp the old one, it is inevitably important to determine what your needs and preferences are. For a quick and easy brewing, the versatility and functional design of single cup coffee makers might just suffice.
Mentioned above are the reviews of the top picks for the best single cup coffee makers and their primary features. And to help you come up with the best decision, included is a comprehensive guideline that uncovers the features and factors you should take note of.